Have a resource? Email details to Tell us if the resource is specific to one campus or system-wide. Resources should support immigration needs (legal, counseling or other support services) and be available to students, staff or faculty.

UMN Crookston Resources

UMN Duluth Resources

UMN Morris Resources

UMN Rochester Resources

UMN Twin Cities Resources

Minnesota Dream Act

The State of Minnesota provides undocumented Minnesota high school graduates who meet certain criteria with some benefits including in-state tuition and state financial aid. This is the official policy of the University of Minnesota. 


We are available to talk to you if you are looking for legal assistance and need information about where to get help. Please email us at to request a consultation.

Travel Letters for Faculty and Staff

We can help faculty and staff in need of travel letters. If you are concerned that your country of birth, citizenship or U.S. immigration status might cause difficulties re-entering the United States, we can work with you and your department to write a travel letter affirming your role at the University of Minnesota. Contact us at

International students should contact ISSS for assistance.