Resources for Immigration Assistance

The following are Twin Cities campus resources. The Immigration Response Team is in discussions with the system campuses about their individual needs around immigration support. If you are on a system campus and have current immigration assistance needs, please contact the Immigration Response Team at

Legal Help

International Students: If you are an “international student” (in F-1 or J-1 visa status) at the University of Minnesota, please consult first with International Student and Scholar Services. ISSS has created a page of information and resources specifically related to the executive order.

All Students: Fee-paying students seeking immigration advice or other legal information related to entering or living in the U.S. should contact the University Student Legal Service.

Students, Faculty, and Staff: Students, faculty, and staff can also access legal resources beyond the University, such as:

General Support 


We are available to talk to you if you are looking for legal assistance and need information about where to get help. Please email us at to request a consultation.

Travel Letters for Faculty & Staff

We can help faculty and staff in need of travel letters. If you are concerned that your country of birth, citizenship or U.S. immigration status might cause difficulties re-entering the United States, we can work with you and your department to write a travel letter affirming your role at the University of Minnesota. Contact us at

International students should contact ISSS for assistance.