Consultations and Individual Support

  • Students: During the academic year, we hold Immigration Drop-in Hours
  • Faculty, staff, and departments: We are available to talk to you if you are looking for legal assistance and need information about where to get help. Please email us at [email protected] to request a consultation.

Financial Support

Students impacted by immigration policy changes can apply for modest grants from The Dream Fund. The donor-supported fund can be used for items such as educational expenses, unexpected medical or dental bills, housing needs, food insecurity, or other extenuating circumstances, like DACA renewal fees.

Immigration Policy Updates

The IRT monitors immigration policy changes and their impacts at the University of Minnesota. Sign up for our newsletter to keep up-to-date on these issues.

Request a Presentation

Members of the Immigration Response Team are available to make presentations to groups, units, and committees on various topics related to immigration. Please fill out this request form to get started.

Comment Letters

The IRT submits comment letters on to discuss how immigration policy changes will impact the University of Minnesota. The IRT also provides information (and limited support) to departments, faculty, staff, and students wishing to submit their own comment letters.

Travel Letters for Faculty and Staff

We can help faculty and staff in need of travel letters. If you are concerned that your country of birth, citizenship or U.S. immigration status might cause difficulties re-entering the United States, we can work with you and your department to write a travel letter affirming your role at the University of Minnesota. Contact us at [email protected].

International students should contact ISSS for assistance.